In today’s episode, I am sharing 5 common web design mistakes and how to fix them. I come across WAY too many websites that have one or more of these mistakes and it just makes them come off as unprofessional. But there is no reason to, because they are also super easy to fix!
In This Episode:
- [0:46] Your website is not responsive and why that matters. Hint: how we access websites today is very different than several years ago.
- [1:47] How to find out if your current website is responsive.
- [2:23] How to fix a website that isn’t responsive.
- [4:34] Choosing bad fonts and what exactly classifies as a bad font.
- [6:41] The fix for bad fonts on your website.
- [7:04] Just because a font is in your brand doesn’t mean you have to use it on your website. Readability comes first.
- [7:54] Your content isn’t scannable and that is a HUGE issue.
- [9:35] How to update your content and make it scannable.
- [10:55] Poor navigation – you never want a visitor to get to your site and not know how to find something.
- [12:54] How to fix your navigation if it isn’t cutting it.
- [13:08] Don’t have hard to find contact information, or even worse, no contact info..
- [14:35] What to include on your contact page and where to link it.
- [15:19] What to do if you don’t want to make your email address public.
- [15:44] A bonus web design mistake to avoid and how to fix it!
- Astra WordPress Theme (my favorite WordPress theme): https://wpastra.com/
- WordPress Success Free Guide: https://www.lindseyaleson.com/wpsuccess
Connect with Me on Social Media:
- Facebook Group – The Lovely Entrepreneur Society: https://www.thelovelyentrepreneursociety.com
- Instagram: @blogmelovely
Subscribe + Review:
Pin for Later: